Florence Indie Film Festival is a seasonal online awards event. The festival will welcome any independent project from all categories. The Festival is looking for independent projects from all genres and categories,particularly low or no-budget ones and all countries. The selection process has two parts. First, the submitted projects are judged through private screenings by our internal programming team, and they will select the official films of each edition. Then the Festival’s jurors, who are a random team of invited experts mainly from the film industry, will privately review the films and award the best projects. All of the winners will receive the official laurel and an achievement certificate and offer the option of online screening.
Best narrative Italian short film
Best narrative Italian feature
Best international short film
Best international feature
Best first time filmmaker short
Best first time filmmaker feature
Best student short
Best documentary short
Best animation short
Best experimental short
Best horror short
Best dance short film
Best sci-fi short
Best Covid film
Best music video
Best web series
Best women empowerment short
Best human rights‘ film
Best LGBTQ short
Best female director
Best male director
Best original screenwriting
Best unproduced short script
– In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
– Any Foreign film that is not in English and Italian must have English or Italian subtitles.
– All fees are non-refundable.
– Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
– The festival can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate. If you have any question regarding this decision you might contact us at our email address.
– Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judges’ team and no selection is guaranteed.
– Submitting your movie, you authorize the festival to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media.
– Films can be available online and still be entered in the competition for our festival.
– Multiple submissions and multiple category submissions are accepted.
– Films must have been completed within the past 5 years.
– Shorts must be less than 50 minutes.
-We do not require premiere status.